sjb HAIR & MAKEUP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
if you want to be original
BE PREPARED TO BE COPIED
SJB Hair and Makeup
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please take the time to read our terms and conditions.
These apply to all wedding and non-wedding bookings with SJB Hair and Makeup.
SJB Hair and Makeup works with a team of carefully selected freelance hair stylists. SJB Hair and Makeup will manage the booking process, initial deposit payment and any enquiries but stylists are not SJB Hair and Makeup employees and act independently of SJB Hair and Makeup once the booking is made. All stylists are freelance stylists and have their own insurance.
1. Bridal booking process
- Booking enquiries can be made via this web page, telephone or email.
- SJB Hair and Makeup will supply a quote and confirm availability.
- The booking fee covers all administration, saves your trial and wedding dates and secures the best available artist.
- Once you have confirmed you want to book with SJB Hair and Makeup you will be required to pay a £10 booking fee. A trial will not take place if the booking fee is not paid.
- The £10 is non-refundable and will make up part of the overall balance payment.
- Please note that the booking is not final until the deposit has been paid in full and SJB Hair and Makeup has confirmed receipt in writing.
- Wedding day minimum booking
Samantha Blake has a minimum booking of 3 adults May-September. A surcharge may apply if there are less than 3 adult clients. The surcharge will be charged at the rate of an additional adult bridesmaid, until the minimum of 3 adult clients is reached.
2. Bridal Trials
- Most hair and makeup trials will be completed within 3 hours – if a trial goes over 3 hours, at our discretion we may charge an additional £30 per hour fee.
- Trials for bridesmaids and mothers available upon request and payable on day of the trial directly to the artist and is non-refundable.
- 2nd trials for brides are charged at £30 per hour.
- At the end of a successful trial you are required to pay SJB Hair and Makeup a non-refundable deposit.
- We allow a 24-hour grace in case you change your mind. If you do change your mind the trial fee will be charged, with extra money refunded.
- The trial is payable in cash on the trial day If you are unable to pay at the trial you will be required to sign a copy of the booking form to show you do want to book for the wedding and will be paying ASAP.
- *If you are undecided or not happy with the trial and the artist is unable to achieve the look you desire, there is a fee of the trial payable direct to the artist on the day (non refundable). Undecided brides must decide within 3 working days, they must then pay the remaining balance of the deposit, within another 2 working days.
- In exceptional circumstances a SJB Hair and Makeup stylist may need to cancel a booking. This has never happened before but, if it does all attempts will be made to find an alternative stylist. If this is not possible or is unacceptable to the client, SJB Hair and Makeup will refund 100% of the deposit.
3. Changes to Bookings
- Notification should be given of any changes to the booking and trial as soon as possible. This includes changes to the number of clients, location, dates and times. It is the clients’ responsibility to do this as we cannot guarantee stylists availability all day.
- Changes must be confirmed in writing via email or in person and are not accepted as written notice until you have received a reply from the SJB Hair and Makeup the booking team. Please do not rely on texts as we do not always receive them.
- Change of trial date – An alternative date will be found. Artists do not book trials on Saturdays mornings as we are so busy with weddings. If you require a Saturday you will need to agree this with the bookings team.
- Changes to those having trials – Any changes made by the bride to a trial must be made in writing 48 hours before the date of the trial. If changes result in the number attending being reduced, stylists have the right to change the time or date of the trial and any previous booking discounts or travel discounts may be void. Please inform the booking team of changes to confirm new costs.
- Change of wedding date – We will do our best to rebook the original artist for the new date or supply another available artist. If this is not possible then the usual cancellation fees apply.
- Change to number of clients – A new price will be calculated based on our current price list to reflect any changes in the bridal party.
- Please note that if the change results in the number of adults dropping below the minimum booking – the standard surcharge will apply. If a wedding or part of booking is cancelled within 14 days of the wedding date, we will charge you 100% of your total booking.
- Bookings must be above the minimum booking or the total cost made up to the equivalent amount.
- Please note: Any discounts will only apply at the time of booking and will not be applied to any changes.
- Change of location – We may need to add a travel charge if the location changes. If the location changes dramatically we may need to send a different stylist if another stylist cannot be found we reserve the right to cancel the booking. If you have already had a trial and would like another one with the new stylist the full charge will apply. The deposit is non-refundable.
4. Deposits for other Bookings
- Deposits are required for Hen Parties (min. £50), Proms (£10-£25 per person) and Special Occasions (£10-£25) at the time of booking. Payments can be made bank transfer vis the bookings team. These deposit payments are non-refundable.
- The artist(s) will not be sent to a booking unless the appropriate deposit payment has been received.
5. Travel Costs
- Travel is charged at 40p per mile for a return journey. This is applicable for both trials and booking days. Prices are calculated from your local artist’s base. If the job is within the London Underground network the cost of the appropriate daily travel card will be charged. You will be notified of the travel costs by the bookings team on initial enquiry.
- Travel should be paid directly to the artist by cash on the day.
- Travel costs are negotiable.
6. Sunday and Bank Holidays
- A 20% surcharge will be added to the sub-total fee (minus travel) for any bookings that take place on a Sunday or Bank Holiday
- These costs are negotiable.
7. Balance and payments for all bookings
- Final confirmations are sent via the bookings team within the final fortnight of the booking date – whatever numbers/requirements are confirmed at this stage, is viewed as final and must be paid for in full.
- The final balance should be paid by bank transfer no later than 7 days before the booking date.
- Please use your surname as a reference, and inform the SJB Hair and Makeup bookings team that you have made a bank payment, who will then confirm receipt.
8. Cancellations and issues
- If you need to cancel your booking, any deposit paid is non-refundable. There is no cancellation fee on condition that you cancel more than 14 days before your booking. If you cancel within 14 days of your booking we will charge you 100% of your booking.
- If you have a complaint following your booking please direct this to the SJB Hair and Makeup booking team.
SJB HAIR STYLISTS & MAKE UP ARTISTS offer Bridal hair & Make Up in Kent & the following areas: Dulwich, Dulwich Village, East Dulwich, Bermondsey, London Bridge, Eltham, Welling, Bexleyheath, Greenwich, Blackheath, Lewisham, Charlton, Bromley, Chislehurst,Orpington, Petts Wood, Beckenham, Crystal Palace, Herne Hill, Croydon, West Wickham, Peckham, Mottingham, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, Catford and we are recommended at many venues for the list of venues see here >>