sjb HAIR & MAKEUP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
if you want to be original
BE PREPARED TO BE COPIED
SJB Hair and Makeup – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please take the time to read our terms and conditions. These apply to all wedding with SJB Hair and Makeup.
Note: SJB Hair and Makeup works with a team of carefully selected freelance hair stylists. SJB Hair and Makeup will manage the booking process, initial deposit payment and any enquiries but stylists are not SJB Hair and Makeup employees and act independently of SJB Hair and Makeup once the booking is made. All stylists are freelance stylists and have their own insurance.
1. Delivery of Services:
SJB Hair and Makeup hereby agrees to perform hair and/or makeup services (as discussed) for Client at the Event specified above in a professional, workmanlike manner. SJB Hair and Makeup may utilize one or more of its assistants. We are not responsible for the impact on the final product of any interference caused by guests or other vendors at the Event.
If any of the SJB Hair and Makeup team is exposed to (i) unsafe conditions, or (ii) objectionable or illegal acts at the Event, we reserve the right to take reasonable action to remedy such a situation, including but not limited to leaving the Event. In such event, we shall not be obligated to refund any of the fees paid by Client because of such action.
1. Bridal booking process
- Booking enquiries can be made via this web page, telephone or email.
- SJB Hair and Makeup will supply a quote and confirm availability once your enquiry has been received.
- Once you have confirmed you want to book with SJB Hair and Makeup you will be required to pay a £50 booking fee.
- The booking fee covers all administration, saves your trial and wedding dates and secures the best available artist. Please note that the booking is not final until the deposit has been paid in full and SJB Hair and Makeup has confirmed receipt in writing.
- The £50 is a non refundable deposit that shall be applied toward the total fee for the services and will be set out in the payment schedule is due upon execution of this agreement.
- SJB Hair and Makeup will then commit to being available to Client on that date (subject to non-payment, reasonable emergencies and force majeure events).
1a. Wedding day minimum booking
- To book SJB Founder Samantha Blake there is a minimum booking of 4 adults during peak season April-October. A surcharge may apply if there are less than 4 adult clients. The surcharge will be charged at the rate of an additional adult bridesmaid, until the minimum of 3 adult clients is reached.
2. Bridal Trials
- Most hair and makeup trials will be completed within 3 hours
- At the end of a successful trial you are required to pay SJB Hair and Makeup 50% of your total bridal costs, payable in cash on the trial day. Note this is a non refundable deposit.
- If a trial goes over 2 hours for hair OR makeup or 3 hours for hair and makeup, at our discretion we may charge an additional £30 per hour fee.
- If you would like a second trial there is a fee of at £30 per hour.
- Trials for bridesmaids and mothers are available upon request and payable on day of the trial directly to the artist. All payments for additional trials are non-refundable.
- If you are undecided or not happy with the trial and the artist is unable to achieve the look you desire, the fee for the trial payable direct to the artist on the day (non refundable).
- Undecided brides must decide within 48 hours, they must then pay the remaining balance of the deposit immediately via bank transfer for the wedding date to be saved in our diary.
- In exceptional circumstances a SJB Hair and Makeup stylist may need to cancel a booking. This has never happened before but, if it does all attempts will be made to find an alternative stylist. If this is not possible or is unacceptable to the client, SJB Hair and Makeup will refund 100% of the deposit.
3. Changes to Bookings
- Once the booking details have been confirmed, notification should be given of any changes to the booking and trial as soon as possible. This includes changes to the number of clients, location, dates and times. It is the clients’ responsibility to do this as we cannot guarantee stylists availability all day.
- SJB Hair and Makeup are happy to make adjustments to the bridal party numbers, but once everyone has been confirmed if there are any that drop out less than 45 days prior to the wedding date the client will incur a surcharge of 30% of the cost of what was quoted for them.
- Changes must be confirmed in writing via email or telephone conversation and are not accepted as written notice until you have received a reply from the SJB Hair and Makeup the booking team. Please do not rely on texts as we do not always receive them.
3a. Change of trial date
- If you need to change your trial date we will do our best to find an alternative date. Artists do not book trials on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday mornings during peak times as we are busy with weddings. If you require one of these days you will need to agree this with the bookings team.
3b. Changes to those having trials
- Any changes made by the bride to a trial must be made in writing 48 hours before the date of the trial. If changes result in the number attending being reduced, stylists have the right to change the time or date of the trial and any previous booking discounts or travel discounts may be void. Please inform the booking team of changes to confirm new costs.
3c. Change of wedding date
- If you need to move your wedding date, we will do our best to rebook the original artist for the new date or supply another available artist. If this is not possible then the usual cancellation fees apply and SJB Hair and Makeup shall be entitled to the deposit amount as liquidated damages for having to reschedule the event.
- The deposit amount will need to be repaid upon booking the new date, subject to SJB Hair and Makeup availability.
3d. Change to number of clients
- A new price will be calculated based on our current price list to reflect any changes in the bridal party.
- Please note that if the change results in the number of adults dropping below the minimum booking – the standard surcharge will apply. If a wedding or part of booking is cancelled within 45 days of the wedding date, we will charge you 100% of your total booking.
- Please note: Any discounts will only apply at the time of booking and will not be applied to any changes.
3e. Change of location
- We may need to add a travel charge if the location changes. If the location changes dramatically we may need to send a different stylist if another stylist cannot be found we reserve the right to cancel the booking. If you have already had a trial and would like another one with the new stylist the full charge will apply. The deposit is non-refundable.
4. Balance and payments for all bookings
- Final confirmations are sent via the bookings team within the final fortnight of the booking date.
- The final balance should be paid by bank transfer no later than 14 days before the event date.
- Please use your surname as a reference, and inform the SJB Hair and Makeup that you have made payment, who will then confirm receipt.
- Remaining payments of the balance due for the services shall be made as set out in the payment schedule. In the event that client fails to remit payment as specified, SJB Hair and Makeup shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement with no further obligation to refund money (including the aforementioned retainer), to attend the Event.
5. Cancellations and issues
- There is no cancellation fee on condition that you cancel more than 45 days before your booking. If you cancel within 45 days of your booking we will charge you 100% of your booking.
- If you have a complaint following your booking please direct this to the SJB Hair and Makeup booking team.
- Cancellation of the final booking by me or a member of the SJB Hair and Makeup Artistry Team will result in a refund of 100% of costs already paid by the client.
6. Travel Costs
- Travel is charged at 40p per mile for a return journey. This is applicable for both trials and booking days. Prices are calculated from your local artist’s base. If the job is within the London Underground network the cost of the appropriate daily travel card will be charged. You will be notified of the travel costs by the bookings team on initial enquiry.
- Travel should be paid directly to the artist by cash on the day.
7. Sunday and Bank Holidays
- A 20% surcharge may added to the sub-total fee (minus travel) for any bookings that take place on a Sunday or Bank Holiday
- SJB Hair and Makeup is not liable for any suppliers that we recommend. The SJB Hair and Makeup Artistry Team are all fully insured with professional beauty & public liability insurance.
9. Model Release
- Client hereby agrees that SJB Hair and Makeup may reproduce, publish, exhibit, and otherwise use images from the Event for instructional or marketing purposes.
SJB HAIR STYLISTS & MAKE UP ARTISTS offer Bridal hair & Make Up in Kent & the following areas: Dulwich, Dulwich Village, East Dulwich, Bermondsey, London Bridge, Eltham, Welling, Bexleyheath, Greenwich, Blackheath, Lewisham, Charlton, Bromley, Chislehurst,Orpington, Petts Wood, Beckenham, Crystal Palace, Herne Hill, Croydon, West Wickham, Peckham, Mottingham, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, Catford and we are recommended at many venues for the list of venues see here >>